“Be A Part Of It” and Become a Police Explorer!
Who are Explorers?
Law Enforcement Explorers are youths between 14 – 20 years of age who gain invaluable experiences intended to assist them in learning about the many aspects of Law Enforcement as a career. Explorer Post 1986 is administered by the Captain of the Training Division.
To be eligible to join Post 1986, you must meet these requirements:
- A Montgomery County resident between the ages of 14 – 20
- Eighth grade or higher
- Enrolled in an educational program, public or private school, home school, junior or 4-year college, or technical school
- Have at least a 2.0 grade point average or higher
- Have and maintain a clean police record
- Attend weekly meetings
- Must be of good moral character
- Must be willing to accept the Explorer Code of Conduct
- Must be willing to volunteer for community and Police Department service activities
- $25.00 application fee
To learn more about Police Explorer Post 1986 and how to apply to the group, please click here.