- Montgomery County Police Department press conference regarding the ongoing investigation into sexual offenses committed by a Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) substitute teacher, Jose Pineda, age 50, of the 9100 block of Bramble Bush Court in Gaithersburg.
- The investigation at this point has revealed that the victims have all been Montgomery County Public School female students and that the offenses have occurred at school during the school day.
- Press conference will be held tomorrow, Thursday, December 4 at 11:00 a.m.
- Public Safety Headquarters, 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 – first floor conference room
- Media must go through security and have valid identification.
Note to Public:
- The press conference will be live streamed via USTREAM (http://ustream.tv/channel/mcpdmedia)
- The press conference will also be recorded and will be uploaded to the website.
Previous Press Release: Update: Suspect Charged with Additional Counts of Sex Offenses
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department- Major Crimes Division have arrested Rita Narcissa Sanders-Campfield, age 53, of the 11800 block of Old Georgetown Road, for the homicide of Chong Park, age 67, of the same address. Sanders-Campfield has been charged with first-degree murder.
Yesterday morning at approximately 10:11 a.m., officers responded to an apartment at 11800 Old Georgetown Road for the report of a stabbing.
Housing Unlimited Inc. had received a call from Park’s daughter, who had not heard from her mother and had been unable to reach her since Saturday, November 29. The daughter asked Housing Unlimited Inc. to check Chong Park’s welfare. A representative from Housing Unlimited Inc. went to the apartment and found a deceased female (now identified as Chong); the representative then called police.
Officers responded to the apartment and located Chong on her bedroom floor. A large butcher style knife was in her back. Several other sharp force injuries were observed. Officers located Sanders-Campfield in her own bed. Sanders-Campfield had injuries that appeared to be bite marks on her right arm. Officers located a pair of scissors with blood on them on Park’s bed. Detectives located Sanders-Campfield’s journal next to her bed. One journal entry stated that Park was “evil” and practiced “witchcraft.”
Sanders-Campfield has been charged with first-degree murder.
Anyone with information about this homicide or the suspect involved is asked to call the Major Crimes Division at 240-773-5070.
Kiersten Plummer has returned home safe and unharmed.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Special Victims Investigations Division are asking the public’s assistance in locating a missing teenager from Germantown.
Kiersten Dale Plummer, 17 years old, of the 20000 block of Crystal Hill Circle, Germantown, was last seen at her home on November 23. Police and family are concerned because the teenager has not been heard from or seen since.
Kiersten is described as a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, 110 pounds, with blue eyes and red hair. At this time, her clothing description is unknown. Detectives believe she may be in the company of a boyfriend or other acquaintances.
Anyone who has information regarding Kiersten Dale Plummer’s whereabouts is asked to call the Montgomery County police non-emergency number at 301-279-8000 (24hrs). Callers may remain anonymous.
Gina Pierre has returned home safe and unharmed.