October 8, 2018 (7:12 am)
UPDATE: William Jackson has been located and has been reunited with his family. The Silver Alert has been cancelled.
The Montgomery County Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing Laytsonville man who has Alzheimer’s. A Silver Alert has been activated for 74-year-old William Jackson of the 21300 block of Golf Estates Drive.
Mr. Jackson was last seen today at his residence at approximately 3:45 p.m. Mr. Jackson is believed to be driving a gray 2011 Dodge Ram pickup truck with North Carolina tags: OBX84768. There are tool boxes installed in the bed of the truck. The vehicle also has numerous stickers affixed to the rear window to include two army stickers, 1 OBX sticker, and a NRA sticker.
Mr. Jackson is described as a white male who is approximately 5’8″ tall, weighs approximately 210 pounds, and has blue eyes and gray hair. Mr. Jackson has a short gray beard and wears glasses. He was last seen wearing a tan and black plaid shirt and khaki pants.
Mr. Jackson may be attempting to drive to Williamston or Nags Head, North Carolina.
Anyone with information regarding William Jackson’s whereabouts or anyone who sees his vehicle is asked to call 9-1-1.
October 7, 2018: Deandre Santana has been located safe and unharmed.
Detectives with the Montgomery County Police – 3rd District Investigative Section are asking the public for assistance in locating a Wheaton area man.
Deandre Santana, 51 years old, of Jones Lane in Wheaton, walked away from Holy Cross Hospital today (Saturday, October 6) at approximately 1:00 a.m.
Santana is described as an African American male, 6′ 02″ tall, and weighing 185 pounds. He was last known to be wearing a black and white striped shirt, dark pants, and red shoes.
Police and family are concerned for his emotional and physical welfare. Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Deandre Santana is urged to contact the Montgomery County Police, non-emergency line, 301.279.8000.
UPDATE: In the evening hours of October 3, a suspect was arrested in this case. His identity and additional details will be released once he has been formally charged.
Detectives from the Special Victims Investigations Division are investigating a rape that occurred just before midnight on Tuesday, October 2, in Rockville.
On October 3 at approximately 12:11 a.m., 1st District officers, Rockville City officers, and Fire and Rescue personnel responded to a wooded area adjacent to 15 West Gude Drive for the report of a rape that had just occurred. The adult female victim reported that she was walking on the sidewalk of Route 355 (Frederick Road) approaching West Gude Drive when a male suspect physically assaulted her, forced her from the area of the roadway to a wooded area, and sexually assaulted her. During the assault, the victim was able to break free from the suspect. The victim ran to a nearby office building and summonsed a security guard for help. Police were called.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment of her injuries and remains at the hospital at this time.
The suspect is described as a white or light-complected Hispanic male with short hair, approximately 6 feet tall, and weighs approximately 155 pounds.
Detectives are actively investigating this rape and are urging anyone with information to contact Special Victims Investigations Division detectives at 240.774.5400.
National Coffee With A Cop Day is tomorrow, Wednesday, October 3. The Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) invites residents to join us for coffee and conversation tomorrow at any of the locations below. At these events, there are no meeting agendas or planned speeches. Feel free to ask questions, discuss concerns, and get to know your police officers.
National Coffee With A Cop Day, MCPD Events – Wednesday, October 3:
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Dunkin’ Donuts located at 16220 Frederick Road in Rockville.
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., That’s a Wrap Deli located at 12158 Darnestown Road in North Potomac. (MCP officers from the Autism/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Outreach Unit will be at this location).
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., la Madeleine French Bakery & Café located at 7607 Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda.
- 10:00 a.m., ArcLight Cinemas located inside the Westfield Montgomery Mall at 7101 Democracy Boulevard in Bethesda.
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Bump ‘n Grind coffee shop located at 1200 East West Highway in Silver Spring.
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Starbucks located at 2800 University Boulevard West in Wheaton.
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Holiday Park Senior Center located at 3950 Ferrara Drive in Silver Spring.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Starbucks located inside the Westfield Wheaton Mall at 11160 Veirs Mill Road in Wheaton.
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Dunkin’ Donuts located at 12915 Wisteria Drive in Germantown.
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Stop Drop and Play Children’s Museum located at 9882 Main Street in Damascus.
- Noon – 1:00 p.m., Panera Bread located at 19965 Century Boulevard in Germantown.
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Panera Bread located at 285 Kentlands Boulevard in Gaithersburg.
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Roy Rogers restaurant located at 9607 Lost Knife Road in Gaithersburg.