The Montgomery County Department of Police invites residents to join us and other community leaders in celebrating the 36th anniversary of National Night Out on Tuesday, August 6.
National Night Out is a national community-building campaign that encourages police-neighborhood relationships. These events help neighbors and officers get to know one another better, build community spirit, and demonstrate a community’s commitment to keep their neighborhood free from crime.
The following communities have provided their respective itinerary of events to the Montgomery County Department of Police as of August 6, 2019. Please note that changes may be made to this list between now and the evening of August 6. On August 6, prior to attending an event, please review this press release in case changes (time changes, location changes due to weather, addition of events, etc.) have been made.
Some National Night Out events in the County have been coordinated with other area police departments serving Montgomery County.
- David Scull Community Center/Park at 1201 First Street.; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Blueberry Hill Local Park, 16617 Bethayres Road.; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Quince Orchard Knolls community, Quince Orchard Knolls Park, 11900 Quince Mill Drive; 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- The Gardens of Traville, 14431 Traville Gardens Circle at the fountain between building 14421 (c) and 14411 (b) with parking off of Traville Gateway Drive ; 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Open to the Public:
- Kensington Park Senior Living, 3620 Littledale Road, Kensington; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Lyttonsville/Rosemary Hills/Rock Creek communities, held at Gwendolyn E. Coffield Community Center at 2450 Lyttonsville Road; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bentley Place Condominium community, 11300 Rockville Pike (Suite 907), 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Summit Hills Apartments, 8484 16th Street; 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Forest Estates at General Getty Park, 10000 Woodland Dr.; check with neighborhood for times
- South Four Corners at South Four Corners Park (near the playground), 900 Forest Glen Road; check with neighborhood for times
- McKenney Hills / Carroll Knolls communities at Flora M. Singer Elementary School, 2600 Hayden Drive; check with neighborhood for times
- Hillandale community 1 at West Hillandale Swim Club at 915 Schindler Drive; check with neighborhood for times
- Timberwood community, 9048 Saffron Lane; check with neighborhood for time
- Oakview community at Roscoe Nix Elementary School, 1100 Corliss Street; check with neighborhood for times
- Forest Glen Apartments/Hillbrooke Towers, 515 Thayer Avenue; check with neighborhood for times
- Tanglewood Apartments community, 9002 Manchester Road; check with neighborhood for times
- Forest Knolls neighborhood at the pool, 11105 Foxglove Lane; 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
FOURTH DISTRICT: Open to the Public:
- Olney Community at the Fair Hill Plaza shopping center, 18169 Town Center Drive in the area of the Harris Teeter parking lot; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bel Pre communities at the Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Road.; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Poplar Run community, 13500 Stargazer Lane.; 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Manor Lake Civic Association Ice Cream Social, 15101 Bauer Drive;7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Open to the Public:
- Clarksburg Premium Outlets, 22705 Clarksburg Road near the Starbucks; 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hamptons community near community pool, 19757 Crystal Rock Drive; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Arora Hills community near community pool, 23230 Arora Hills Drive; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 pm
- Germantown Park Homes Community Center, 18400 Cinnamon Drive; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saybrooke community at the community pool, 702 Saybrooke Oaks Boulevard.; 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Montgomery Village community near the pool, 10101 Apple Ridge Road.; 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Walnut Hill community at Washington Grove Elementary School, 8712 Oakmont Street; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Quince Orchard Park community at the clubhouse, 500 Orchard Ridge Drive; 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Photos from previous National Night Out events