Detectives from the Montgomery County Department of Police – 5th District Investigative Section have arrested five Clarksburg High School students with offenses related to the possession of a handgun at Clarksburg High School. The five students arrested are:
- Tyson Brown, age 16, of Clarksburg – charged as an adult with possession of a handgun, robbery, and conspiracy to commit robbery
- Justin Ferguson, age 18, of Gaithersburg, charged with robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery
- Juvenile male, age 15, charged as a juvenile with possession of a handgun and possession of a deadly weapon on school grounds
- Juvenile male, age 15, charged as a juvenile with robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery
- Juvenile male, age 16, charged as a juvenile with robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery
On Monday, February 10, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the School Resource Officer (SRO) assigned to and working at Clarksburg High School (located at 22500 Wims Road) was notified by an administrator that a 15-year-old student had been a victim of a robbery earlier that day. The SRO also received information from a witness that this victim had brought a gun to school.
The SRO located the robbery victim in the school. A search of the student’s backpack revealed a loaded handgun magazine. The student admitted that he had brought a handgun to school that day.
Additional investigation by detectives revealed that the victim of the robbery (who brought the gun to school) and the four additional suspects all met in the bathroom in the morning. At some point during the interaction, the robbery occurred and the four suspects stole the handgun and the robbery victim’s wallet and cash.
The three juveniles who have been charged as juveniles were arrested, processed at the 5th District station, and released to their parents/guardians. The two suspects charged as adults have been transported to the Central Processing Unit.
This is an active and ongoing investigation. Multiple searches have been conducted but the handgun has not been recovered.
Anyone who has information about this incident is asked to call the 5th District Investigative Section at 240-773-5770. Those who wish to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477).
Note: A mugshot of Ferguson is not available at this time. It will be added to this press release if it becomes available. Mugshots of juveniles are not released.