Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department – Missing Persons Section continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating 68-year-old Brenda Louise Hopkins. Hopkins, of the 11700 block of Eden Road in Silver Spring, was reported as missing to police on August 9.
Hopkins is described as a black female, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, and weighing 110 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes.
Missing Persons investigators have been able to confirm the following information regarding the disappearance of Brenda Hopkins that may aid the public in assisting investigators with this case:
- Initially, Hopkins’ sister (with whom Hopkins resides) reported that Hopkins was last seen by her on August 8. However, that information has not been able to be confirmed by investigators. Investigators have been able to confirm that Hopkins was last seen outside of the home by numerous people on July 12 when she attended a funeral. Family members that live out of state believe they heard Hopkins in the background of a phone conversation they were having with Hopkins’ sister on or about August 1.
- Hopkins has been known to walk from her Eden Road home to the White Oak Shopping Center located at 11200 New Hampshire Avenue. Officers, with the assistance of search canines, have searched the shopping area and the route she normally walks to the shopping center. Those searches have not yielded any clues to Hopkins’ disappearance.
- Hopkins’ sister reports that all of her sister’s belongings, to include her wallet, are at home. (Investigators have been unable to confirm if Hopkins maintains any form of identification).
- It has been reported by some family members that Hopkins was exhibiting signs of memory loss.
- Hopkins has relatives that reside in North Carolina. It is possible that she is attempting to travel there.
- Hopkins is not known to drive.
- Hopkins is not known to own any credit cards.
- Hopkins is not known to own a cellular phone.
Police and family continue to be concerned for Hopkins’ emotional and physical welfare. Anyone with information regarding Hopkins’ whereabouts or any information about this missing persons case is urged to contact the Missing Persons Unit at 240-773-5070 or the police non-emergency number at 301-279-8000 (available 24/7).