The Montgomery County Police Alcohol Holiday Task Force, comprised of officers from the Alcohol Initiatives Section and patrol officers from the six police districts, as well as officers from:
- Gaithersburg Police Department
- Maryland National Capital Park Police Department (Montgomery County Division)
- Maryland State Police
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
- Takoma Park Police Department
will be devoting their full time and attention to detecting alcohol-related offenses this holiday season. The Montgomery County Department of Liquor Control will also be assisting officers with compliance checks of businesses who hold alcohol licenses.
The task force began on November 15 and will continue through January 6, 2018. A summary of the results from the first two weeks of the Holiday Task Force are below:
Week 1: November 16 – November 18:
- 19 – Arrests for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or drugs (DUI)
- 2 – Civil Alcohol Citations issued to adults for possession of alcohol under the age of 21
Week 2: November 21 (Tuesday), November 22 (Wednesday), November 24 (Friday), November 25 (Saturday):
- 43 – Arrests for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or drugs (DUI)
- 4 – Civil Alcohol Citations issued to adults for possession of alcohol under the age of 21
- 3 – Criminal arrests
- Task force officers arrested an adult male after he was stopped while driving a vehicle that had been previously reported stolen during a residential burglary in the Gaithersburg area.
Note: On the evening of November 22, in addition to task force officers, officers from the Rockville City Police Department, the Maryland Transportation Authority Police, and Maryland Natural Resources Police also assisted with this alcohol-related enforcement.