Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) – Major Crimes Division continue to investigate the death of a male whose body was located on Tuesday, September 5 in Wheaton Regional Park located at 11715 Orebaugh Avenue in Wheaton. The Medical Examiner’s office in Baltimore has ruled the manner of death a homicide. There was trauma to the body.
Investigators are asking for the public’s help in identifying the victim and are providing the following information about him which has been gathered during the investigation:
- He is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 5’2″ tall, and weighs 126 pounds. He has short, dark brown hair.
- He was wearing a men’s size large, gray sweatshirt, with the words, “First United Methodist Church Laurel” written on the left chest of the sweatshirt.
- Under the sweatshirt he was wearing a men’s size large, gray, hooded, long-sleeve shirt. The brand was American Eagle.
- He was wearing men’s size medium, black sweatpants. The brand was Adam Levine.
- Under the sweatpants he was wearing men’s size large blue, athletic shorts. There was the number “19” on the left side of the shorts and a stripe on the right leg.
- He was wearing black ankle socks.
- He was missing a bottom tooth located near the front of his mouth.
- He is possibly from Annapolis based on evidence collected.
- Through investigation, it was determined that it is possible that the victim was killed during the approximate time period of December 2016 to March 2017.
This remains an ongoing investigation and no further information can be confirmed at this time. Anyone with information regarding this homicide or the victim is urged to contact the Montgomery County Police Department – Major Crimes Division at 240.773.5070. Callers may remain anonymous.