The Montgomery County Police Department’s Autism/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Outreach Unit is committed to educating and bringing awareness of Alzheimer’s, Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, and Down Syndrome to the community and to officers, while also providing resources to loved ones of those with one of these conditions. The Autism/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Outreach Unit has created a layered approach to Autism and Intellectual Disabilities awareness, that includes education, outreach, follow up, empowerment, and response.
The department recognizes that caregivers of loved ones with these disorders have a huge responsibility and that understanding, support, and collaboration with local police officers is essential.
On Friday, May 19, the Montgomery County Police Department, with the assistance of Autism Speaks, Pathfinders For Autism, and the Down Syndrome Network of Montgomery County (DSNMC) will host the fifth annual “Autism/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Night Out” at the new location of the Montgomery County Public Safety Training Academy in Gaithersburg (8751 Snouffer School Road). It is our goal that this safety fair will provide valuable information to loved ones while also providing an opportunity for our officers to receive additional information from caregivers about these medical conditions. We also plan on having a lot of fun! There will be activities for the entire family: meeting some of our canines, touring emergency vehicles, face painting, and bouncing on a moon bounce. Additional information will be released as the event nears.
So that we can better plan, please let us know if you are coming to the event by signing up online. (Signing up ahead of time is not required but is appreciated as it helps us better plan the event! Thank you!)
- Autism/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Night Out
- Hosted by the Montgomery County Police Department, Autism Speaks, Pathfinders For Autism, and the Down Syndrome Network of Montgomery County (DSNMC)
- Friday, May 19, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR! Public Safety Training Academy, 8751 Snouffer School Road, Gaithersburg
- Caregivers, Parents, Loved Ones, and Community Members Who Want to Learn More About Autism and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Questions about the event?
- Please contact Officer Laurie Reyes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Sign Up Online:
- Please click here
- Signing up ahead of time is not required but is appreciated as it helps us better plan the event! Thank you!