The Montgomery County Police Department has designated Exchange Zones for residents to complete online transactions. These Exchange Zones are located at each of the six police district station’s lobbies and parking lots (with the exception of the Second District parking lot):
Headquarters/First District Station (Rockville)
Address: 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, 20878
Phone number: (240) 773-6070
Second District Station (Bethesda)
Address: 7359 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, 20814 – LOBBY ONLY
Phone number: (240) 773-6700
Third District Station (Silver Spring)
Address: 1002 Milestone Drive, Silver Spring, 20904
Phone number: (240) 773-6800
Fourth District Station (Wheaton)
Address: 2300 Randolph Road, Wheaton, 20902
Phone number: (240) 773-5500
Fifth District Station (Germantown)
Address: 20000 Aircraft Drive, Germantown, 20874
Phone number: (240) 773-6200
Sixth District Station (Gaithersburg)
Address: 45 West Watkins Mill Road, Gaithersburg, 20878
Phone number: (240) 773-5700
This Exchange Zone program is being implemented to help reduce and deter crimes such as theft, robbery, and fraud.
Please note that Montgomery County Police employees will not participate in transactions or act as witnesses. However, parties are encouraged to call 911 if a crime occurs.
When selling or purchasing items from an unknown person, the Montgomery County Police Department offers the following safety tips:
- Always meet the buyer or seller at an exchange zone that is well populated, well lit, and preferably at a designated police exchange zone.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going to meet someone and when possible, take a friend with you.
- Inform the buyer/seller that you will not be alone.
- Trust your instincts – if it sounds like a scam or too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not invite strangers into your home.
- Never give out any personal or financial information.