- The funeral is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m., although attendees will be arriving early at the Covenant Life Church (located at 7501 Muncaster Mill Road in Gaithersburg). This will impact the morning commute.
- From approximately 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., the section of Muncaster Mill Road between Shady Grove Road and Woodfield Road, where Covenant Life Church is located, will only be open to those people attending the funeral. Through traffic will not be permitted.
- There will be congestion and delays on roadways surrounding the area of the church before, during, and after the service. People not attending the service are urged to avoid the area.
- Note to those attending the funeral: Attendees are asked to travel on Shady Grove Road to Muncaster Mill Road to make a right turn into the church parking lot. Following this route will aid officers who will be directing traffic.
Procession to the Judean Memorial Gardens/Interment
- The procession will depart from the church at approximately 1:15 p.m. The procession will take approximately one hour to arrive at the Judean Memorial Gardens (located at 16225 Batchellors Forest Road in Olney) and will arrive at the memorial gardens at approximately 2:15 p.m.
- Following the service at the church, the procession will take the following route to the Judean Memorial Gardens:
- Travel southeast on MD 115 (Muncaster Mill Road)
- Turn left onto Bowie Mill Road
- Turn right onto Route 108 (Olney Laytonsville Road)
- Turn right onto Georgia Avenue
- Turn left onto Batchellors Forest Road
- When the procession begins, ALL roads along the procession route (see above) will be closed for the duration of the procession (approximately one hour, from approximately 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.)
- Judean Memorial Gardens, 16225 Batchellors Forest Road, Olney
- From approximately 1:30 p.m to 3:30 p.m., northbound Georgia Avenue from Route 28 to Emory Lane will be reduced to one lane. Expect delays.
Previous Releases with Additional Information: