Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department – Special Victims Investigations Division are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing Germantown juvenile.
Wadnisha Zephirin, age 17, has been reported missing by her family. Wadnisha is described as a black female, 5’ 05” tall, 120 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Wadnisha is missing from the 13000 block of Crosstie Drive in Germantown.
Police and family are concerned for Wadnisha Zephirin’s emotional and physical well-being.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Wadnisha Zephirin is asked to call the Montgomery County Police Special Victims Investigations Division at 240-773-5400 or the police non-emergency number at 301-279-8000 (24-hour line). Click on this link for a poster of Wadnisha Zephirin.
Gregory Walker, of the 18000 block of Cottage Garden Drive in Germantown, has been located alive and well. Thank you to all who publicized his missing person’s case.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department-Major Crimes Division have arrested two suspects for the August 14 armed robbery of Sweeney Building Services located at 18931 Premiere Court in Gaithersburg. Four suspects are also being charged with the shootings and attempted armed robbery at the same location on November 6.
On August 14 at approximately 10:05 a.m., the Emergency Communications Center (9-1-1) received a call for an armed robbery in progress at Sweeney Building Services located at 18931 Premier Court in Gaithersburg. Two suspects entered the business armed with a handgun and a taser. They obtained an undisclosed amount of cash. The victims were able to give descriptions of both suspects and the vehicle used to leave the scene. Using this information, detectives began their investigation.
On November 6 At approximately 12:59 p.m., the Emergency Communications Center (9-1-1) received a call for the sound of shots fired in the area of Premiere Court in Gaithersburg. A second call was then received for the armed robbery of the business.
Officers responded to Sweeney Building Services and located a 65-year-old male and a 75-year-old female who had both been shot. They were transported to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. The glass door to the business, that had been reported as locked at the time of the robbery, had been shot out by the suspects. Witnesses in the area stated that they observed two to three suspects. Detectives were able to follow up and began to identify suspects.
As a result, Robbery Detectives have filed charges in conjunction with the August 14 armed robbery against the following:
- Rupert Stamps, age 61, of the 1000 block of 12th Street, SE in Washington, C. has been charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, theft, and conspiracy to commit theft
- Kervon Noel, age 33, of the 3500 block of Pear Tree Court in Silver Spring has been charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, theft, and conspiracy to commit theft.
Robbery Detectives have filed charges in conjunction with the November 6 shooting and armed robbery against the following:
- Rupert Stamps, age 61, of the 1000 block of 12th Street, SE in Washington, D.C. has been charged with attempted murder, first degree assault, armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, conspiracy to commit first degree assault, and conspiracy to commit murder.
- Regina Mitchell, age 60, of the 2000 block of Randolph Road in Silver Spring, has been charged with attempted murder, first degree assault, armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, conspiracy to commit first degree assault, and conspiracy to commit murder.
- Hazlee Narce, age 48, of the 1300 block of 7th Street, NW in Washington, C. has been charged with attempted murder, first degree assault, armed robbery, and use of a firearm in a felony.
- Michael Robb, age 37, of the 1900 block of Maryland Avenue, NE in Washington D.C. has been charged with attempted murder, first degree assault, armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit first degree assault, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, use of a firearm in a felony, and conspiracy to use a firearm in a felony.
Detectives continue their investigation into these events. More charges are pending.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department-Collision Reconstruction Unit continue to investigate a fatal pedestrian collision that occurred on November 8 in Rockville.
The pedestrian struck in this collision has succumbed to his injuries. Scott Ira Magid, age 45 of the 200 block of Rollins Avenue in Rockville, passed away on November 23 at approximately 8:41 p.m. Family members have been notified. The collision has now been reclassified as a fatal.
At approximately 6:43 p.m., 1st District officers, Rockville City police officers, and Fire and Rescue personnel responded to a pedestrian collision on Rockville Pike (Route 355) at Halpine Road. Preliminary investigation indicates that a 45-year-old male pedestrian was crossing Rockville Pike at Halpine Road when he was struck by a 2014 Nissan Versa that was traveling south on Rockville Pike.
The driver of the Nissan was not injured during the collision and remained at the scene. The driver is being identified as David Dennis Irving, age 75, of California.
The circumstances surrounding this collision remain under investigation. Anyone with information regarding this collision is asked to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 240.773.6620. Callers may remain anonymous.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department continue to investigate a fatal bicycle collision that occurred this morning on Darnestown Road (Route 28).
This morning at approximately 9:45 a.m., officers and Fire&Rescue personnel responded to the 12100 block of Darnestown Road for a bicyclist struck by a vehicle.
Responding officers observed a Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) Ford F550 truck stopped at the entrance to the shopping center and a adult male unconscious in the roadway near a bicycle. Officers immediately started first aid and were then assisted by Montgomery County Fire& Rescue personnel who continued life-saving efforts. The bicyclist succumbed to his injuries at the scene of the collision. He was wearing a bicycle helmet.
Preliminary investigation indicates that the truck was traveling west on Darnestown Road and was attempting to make a left turn into the shopping center on a green signal. The bicyclist was traveling east on Darnestown Road in the far right travel lane. The vehicle and bicyclist collided at the entrance to the shopping center. The driver immediately stopped after the collision.
The driver of the truck is identified as John Phillip Kline, age 52, of the 12300 block of Wild Cherry Lane in Hagerstown. The bicyclist is identified as Andrew Gerard Malizio, age 60, of the 300 block of Hart Road in Gaithersburg.
Anyone with information about this collision is asked to call the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 240-773-6620.