The Montgomery County Police Department continues to search for and seek information regarding the whereabouts of Jacob and Sarah Hoggle. Catherine Hoggle, their mother, has been transported to the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit and has been charged criminally with two counts of child neglect and obstruction and hindering. The following additional information is being released at this time. For ease of reading, these additional points will be listed:
- When officers located Catherine Hoggle, she attempted to flee.
- When Catherine Hoggle was taken into custody by officers, she was wearing the same clothing that she had been wearing when she went missing on September 8. Her hair had been cut.
- When Catherine Hoggle was apprehended by officers, a “Missing Persons” flyer with her photograph and photographs of her children were located on her person.
- During questioning, Catherine Hoggle told detectives that since the time of her disappearance, she had been resting in the Germantown area.
- During questioning, Catherine Hoggle would not tell detectives where Jacob and Sarah are located.
- At approximately 5:00 p.m. tonight, Catherine Hoggle was transported to the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit. She has been charged with two counts of child neglect and obstruction and hindering.
- Areas to be searched have been determined by information gathered during the investigation and are areas that Catherine Hoggle may have visited recently. The search process is highly organized and systematic, conducted by police officers, and is at the direction of Montgomery County Police Department Search Managers.
- The areas searched today were determined prior to Catherine Hoggle’s apprehension last night.
- Today, Montgomery County Police search teams searched more than 16 areas in the Clarksburg area. No evidence was recovered.
- Police K-9s, to include cadaver K9s, assisted with these searches today and will continue with searches if/when needed.
- Tomorrow, (Sunday, September 14), police teams plan on searching eight areas in the Darnestown area. Again, Catherine Hoggle has not provided detectives with any information as to the whereabouts of the children.
*Please be mindful that additional people (scents) may confuse the dogs. Please give officers and dogs room to search/work.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the children is asked to call 9-1-1.
Montgomery County Police Emergency Line – 911
Montgomery County Police Non-Emergency Line – 301-279-8000
Previous Press Releases: