- Santa on a motorcycle escorted by approximately 20 Montgomery County Police motor officers who will bring gifts bags and donations raised by the Montgomery County Police Department to a party for the children whose families are residents at the Children’s Inn.
WHEN: Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
- MCP motor officers will meet at the 5th District (Germantown) Station at 10:00 a.m. The ride will conclude at approximately 5:30 p.m. when officers arrive at the Children’s Inn at NIH.
- The ride will begin at the 5th District (Germantown) Station at 10:00 a.m. The riders’ first stop will be the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce located at 910 Clopper Road in Gaithersburg.
- The riders will then visit Sheehy Ford located at 901 Frederick Road in Gaithersburg to thank the dealership for their generous donations to the annual Santa Ride.
- The ride will continue on through all police districts and enter into the 2nd District where the riders will make a brief lunch stop at Vince & Dominics at 10474 Auto Park Avenue. Vince & Dominics will be hosting a luncheon for Santa and the riders as they have generously done for several years.
- The riders will then meet with Bethesda-Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce members at a location to be determined. Police Chief J. Thomas Manger is expected to be in attendance at this point in the ride.
- The Santa Ride will then depart for its final destination – the Children’s Inn at NIH. Arrival at the Children’s Inn is expected at approximately 5:30 p.m. From 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., MCP officers and Santa will spend time with and distribute gift bags to the children at the Inn
Montgomery County Police motor officers are collecting donations from all six police districts, area businesses, and private citizens to purchase gift cards from area stores to assist families residing at the Children’s Inn who need to purchase food and supplies during their stays. The funds also provide gifts for the children staying at the Inn while receiving treatment at NIH. To provide a financial donation online, please visit the Children’s Inn at NIH website. Click on “Ways to Give”, enter your information, and indicate that you are giving in response to the “Santa Police Ride.”